Berkley Pub Group, April 2006. Trade Paperback. Item #220959
Inexpensive. Indispensable. Iconic. A basic t-shirt is the perfect blank canvas-ready for a creative crafter to cut, stitch, bedazzle, bleach, deconstruct, and personalize. Everyone has a drawerful just waiting for the creative touch. What could be a better way to broadcast an artistic manifesto?
In "Tease," 50 superstars of creativity, art, and design take the basic T from ordinary to extraordinary-and sometimes, turn it into something completely different. With fabulous illustrations and easy-to-follow instructions, "Tease" provides outrageous, inspiring ideas from crafters around the globe. Some of "Tease"'s featured crafting dynamos include:
- Amy Sedaris, actress, crafter, and baker extraordinaire
- Fashion designer and stylist for "Sex and the City," Patricia Field
- Celebrity designer, photographer, and author Todd Oldham
- Debbie Stoller, the bestselling author of "Stitch and Bitch" and "Stitch and Bitch Nation," and publisher of "BUST" magazine
- Jenny Hart, artist and author of "Sublime Stitching"
- The host of "Knitty Gritty" on the DIY Network, Vickie Howell
- Leah Kramer, founder of craftster.org, the leading online crafting website