Indenture between Charles H. Gough and George Kennedy, San Francisco, November 12, 1851

San Francisco City and County, 1851. Broadside. Item #275354
ISBN: 281AIB1054312

Single sheet, folded in half, 16 x 10.5 inches when folded. Indenture from Charles H. Gough to George Kennedy for $500.00 for one fourth of that piece of land in the Western Addition of San Francisco commencing at southwest corner of block 53 on Vallejo St, East one hundred and thirty-six feet, thence paralele (sic) to Laguna St. to north side of Presidio Road, thence Westernly to east line of Laguna St, thence to beginning. Charles H. Gough was a local milkman who was an Alderman for County of San Francisco in 1854, a member of the Board of Supervisors in 1855, and Chairman of the San Francisco Land Commission 1855-57, tasked with naming the streets in the Western Addition. He named Gough St. for himself and Octavia St. for his sister and may have named Steiner St. after a friend. First edition (first printing). Very good copy. Blue paper printed in black with autograph entries as needed. Seal and signature of George Kennedy on front sheet. Seal of County Recorders Office in blue with signature of County Recorder on inside verso. Indenture has been folded in half and then trifolded. Wear and fading at folds. Two inch closed tear at right center fold.

Price: $100.00